Diagnostic & Lab Services
Laboratory testing is an important component of diagnosis. At the Alpine Valley Wellness Center, our physicians include appropriate laboratory testing for several reasons, including to assess health risks, to quantify various physiological parameters, to identify actual pathology, and to obtain a deeper understanding of your health concerns. Our focus is to individualize this testing as much as possible and to include you in any discussion about laboratory testing so that you are able to make an informed choice.
For the most part, a conventional medical facility or laboratory is used for testing, although we do have access to specialty laboratories when the need arises. Please be aware that laboratory services that your insurance company labels “alternative” may not be covered. We will alert you to this situation when it arises.
Here is a sample of the types of testing we may do as part of your medical assessment:
- Chemistry Panel
- Hormonal Testing (Adrenal, Thyroid, Growth, and Sex hormones)
- Cardiovascular Testing including Lipid Panel (LDL and HDL subfractions and Lpa Levels), hs-CRP, Homocysteine, etc.
- Digestive and Stool Analysis
- Food Allergy Testing
- Neurotransmitter Testing
- Environmental Allergy Testing
- Nutritional Analysis (amino acid, fatty acid, metabolic profiles, etc.)
- Genomic Testing (i.e. testing of genetic information)
- Osteoporosis/Bone Density Testing
- Heavy Metal and Solvent Toxicity Testing
- Xray/MRI/CT scan/ Diagnostic Ultrasound